We've already had summer night come along where we want to 'do something,' and can't think of anything to do. I decided I wanted to have a list ready at my finger tips of things to do. I'll cross them off once we've completed them. I've added a couple of things to the list that we've already done so I feel like I've already accomplished something!
We would like to do the following fun things in Indianapolis this summer:
Talbot street art fair- Done June 2012. Darci and I went, It was good, fun to look. Didn't buy anything except water it was over 90 degrees. Helped me realize that I really don't need to go to the Ann Arbor Art Fair this summer. Mainly because we have no extra spending money.
- High school girlfriend weekend in Michigan - maybe end of July - UPDATE, just couldn't work it out this summer...
- Sigma Kappa girlfriend weekend - September (still technically summer) Tour de Mackinac bike ride from Gaylord to Mackinac City. 120 miles round trip. UPDATE This is shaping up to be a bit of a pipe dream for me, considering that it's now July and I still haven't gone on any bike rides.... I may just need to be moral support for Lisa and Carie.
Ice cream and evening walk on the Monon in BroadrippleDone Aidan and Momma 6/16/12 Cheap family weekend get-away. Maybe visit friends at a lake in Michigan? Maybe visit Friends in Chicago? -UPDATE 8/2012 Scheduled getaway for Momma and boys, leaving Dad to recoup with some along time.
- Whiting Indiana's Pierogi Festival. Never been, feels like a mandatory trip to the mother-ship Polish-Slovac folks. It the Year of the Halupki! (I don't really know what that is.) A polka dance off and Mr. Pierogi and Ms. Paczki. Seriously. How can anyone resist? UPDATE 8/4/12 Well darn we didn't make it AGAIN this year. But maybe 2013... we'll keep trying!
Have Aidan spend (at least) a week with Baba and Bampa in Michigan.Thank you Mom and Dad for seeing my distress signal and taking my little boy for a week. We seriously needed the break. 4 year olds are emotionally intense. Indianapolis Indian's Baseball game at Victory field- DONE, see post.
- BNL concert August - Scratch that - too expensive. I'll be happy with a fake concert in my back yard where I get to have some drinks, eat yummy food of my choice and listen to my favorite BNL and DMB songs. Now we may be able to listen in to the real concert if it's held at White River State Park... will need to keep myself apprised.
Reading club at half price books rewards for Aidan and Xavier.lost the paper... Marion County Library reading club and rewards for the whole family.Done! Earned toys, books, and passes to the Haunted House at the Children's Museum. Total score.
- Harvest lots of veggies from our garden - doing well so far
Hot Wheels at the Children's Museum.Done! May 2012 Harvest rhubarb(6/14/12) and make my first rhubarb desserts. Brandon actually made the pie. Did a good job, it looked great. Rhubarb, however, just not my fav. It's okay, the color was really green and slimy looking. I think Brandon did a great job with the pie, but I give rhubarb itself a 'meh.'
- Go to a Movie outside. I think there are some in Fishers in August and September. IMA has them on Friday nights also.
Prep for fantasy football (all Brandon)- He's got a whole system up and running. Have Brandon start his blog. Done he can be found at I Will Pull This Car Over. Finish the Friday Night Lights series on Netflix.Clear Eyes, Full hearts, Can't Lose.
- 100 Acre park at IMA
Drinks at The Chatterbox.6/30/12, missed the regular after work crowd but we'll take what we can get! Would be nice to stop in on a weeknight after 5 to see the regulars for our old neighborhood.
- Lick ice cream.
- Triton Brewery
Aidan swim lessons/water safety. Can be in our neighborhood pool.Aidan took 3 lessons with a lifegaurd. He made some baby steps towards swimming.
- Camp at Grandma and Grandpa's house
Walk the canal- DONE date night last weekend in July.
- Concert on the canal/outside concert - Probably won't happen, been too hot to sit around with baby outside.
PBS Kids at the Park, Done June 2012. It was okay, can't complain - admission is free. Aidan liked sitting in an Army Hummer. We didn't stand around in the sweltering heat and long lines to say hi to any characters or jump on any of the inflatable bounce house things.
- Indiana State Fair, August 3-19th
Kids eat free Monday nights Scotty's Lakehouse. Done (tonight). They had a bunch of Star Wars people there; storm troopers, X-wing fighter pilots, Anakin Skywalker, Princess Leia. It was fun, Aidan loved it.