We would like to do the following fun things in Indianapolis this summer:
Talbot street art fair- Done June 2012. Darci and I went, It was good, fun to look. Didn't buy anything except water it was over 90 degrees. Helped me realize that I really don't need to go to the Ann Arbor Art Fair this summer. Mainly because we have no extra spending money.
- High school girlfriend weekend in Michigan - maybe end of July
- Sigma Kappa girlfriend weekend - probably in September (still technically summer)
Ice cream and evening walk on the Monon in Broadripple. Done 6/16/12, See post.
- Cheap family weekend get-away. Maybe visit friends at a lake in Michigan? Maybe visit friends in Chicago?
- Whiting Indiana's Pierogi Festival. Never been, feels like a mandatory trip to the mother-ship Polish-Slovac folks. It the Year of the Halupki! A polka dance off and Mr. Pierogi and Ms. Paczki. Seriously. How can anyone resist?
- Have Aidan spend (at least) a week with Baba and Bampa in Michigan.
- Indianapolis Indian's Baseball game at Victory field
- BNL concert August - Scratch that - too expensive. I'll be happy with a fake concert in my back yard where I get to have some drinks, eat yummy food of my choice and listen to my favorite BNL and DMB songs. Now we may be able to listen in to the real concert if it's held at White River State Park... will need to keep myself apprised.
- Reading club at half price books rewards for Aidan and Xavier.
- Marion County Library reading club and rewards for the whole family.
- Harvest lots of veggies from our garden - doing well so far
Hot Wheels at the Children's Museum.Done! May 2012
- Harvest rhubarb and make my first rhubarb desserts
- Go to a Movie outside. I think there are some in Fishers. IMA has them on Friday nights also.
- Prep for fantasy football (all Brandon)
- Finish the Friday Night Lights series on Netflix. Clear Eyes, Full hearts, Can't Lose.
- 100 Acre park at IMA
- Drinks at The Chatterbox. Would be nice to stop in on a weeknight after 5 to see the regulars for our old neighborhood.
- Licks ice cream.
- Triton Brewery
- Aidan swim lessons/water safety. Can be in our neighborhood pool.
- Camp at Grandma and Grandpa's house
- Walk the canal
- Concert on the canal/outside concert
PBS Kids at the Park, Done June 2012
- Indiana State Fair, August 3-19th
Kids eat free Monday nights Scotty's Lakehouse. Done (tonight). They had a bunch of Star Wars people there; storm troopers, X-wing fighter pilots, Anakin Skywalker, Princess Leia. It was fun, Aidan loved it.