My favorite things (no particular order):
1) L'Oreal Double extend 'tubes' mascara.
2) Laura Geller eyeliner waterproof i-care
3) OPI polish in "Swimsuit...Nailed It!"
I had my toes painted this color in the summer. I picked blue for my boys. To my surprise, I really enjoyed the color! It has a jewel-like sparkle and the richer color looks decent with my super fair skin. I haven't polished my fingers with it yet, but maybe I'll try it this weekend. My toes need a new coat of polish too. I'm starting to notice a make-up based theme to my list... Have you seen the Muppets OPI colors? Tons of f*ing sequence. I need some of those too.
4) LLBean French shirt in navy and cream
5) A gently used Kindle and free library books. I don't need to drive to the library anymore! I can read it with one hand while I nurse baby.
6) Angelcare baby monitor
I never thought I would want a monitor. We joked when we lived downtown when Aidan was an infant that we could get a monitor so he could be sleeping in his crib and we could be at the corner jazz club. This monitor alarms if he stops breathing, which helps me sleep better. Shortly after having Xavier my back was very sore so I couldn't sleep on the pull out bed in the nursery any more. Getting a monitor helped me sleep in my bed but feel close to Xavier. The sound is really good too, no static, very clear.
7) TBTL (Too Beautiful to Live)
My favorite podcast for several years now. They were a real radio show, now they're on imaginary radio. Love me some Luke Burbank and Jen Andrews. The name refers to good things that you super enjoy but then they are cancled or taken off the air or not made anymore. They were too beautiful to live. Aidan calls it TBS and CBS and whines in the car that he doesn't want to listen to it, he wants music. But I tell him what my parents told me "It's my car and we'll listen to what I want to listen to." :) Luckily, TBTL has music breaks, so we both get what we want.
My second favorite podcast recently has been the Simple Mom podcast. The Nerdist is also fantastic but has a lot of swears so it's a no-go around the boy or he'll pick up more bad words...
8) New washer and dryer.
9) Vera Bradley Wristlet
10) Favorite snack to have at my cubicle - trader joe's dark chocolate, starbucks via, half and half cups. The coffee at my work is horrible and they don't have real cream, just that powder "whitener" stuff. That the real name for it - coffee whitener. Yum. So upon my return to work after maternity leave, I decided I need some real caffeine at my beck and call. Costco has Starbuck's Via and big boxes of half and Half cups. It's made my morning and it's cheaper than stopping for coffee on my way to work. I could always make coffee at home in the AM but I need to spend those 15 minutes in bed.
This was really fun to put together. Is it pitiful that it took me over an hour to write?