Generally it helps me to just devulge the things I want to do to b's patient ear. He just shakes his head, says "OK, maybe in a couple of weeks..." In the meantime, I try to think of projects I want to work on that I already have the supplies for at home. Yesterday, I could not think of anything, or better yet, I had an excuse for not doing the items I could think of.
This weekend was oppressively hot and humid. There was often a threat of rain, but not many actual showers. We spent a lot of time inside. I finished rummaging through the house for garage sale items for this coming weekend's garage sale. Money earned at the sale is going into my decorating projects - yeah!
Here is ever growing list of projects:
- Make 4 Garage sale signs and online listings.
- Paint front door. I have decided on a bright lime green to match my 'new' bistro set. Well, I've actually narrowed it down to 2 shades; Sherwin Williams Hep Green 6704 or Fusion 6919.
- Tear out stupid ugly towel bars in master bath. Repair huge hole in wall that said stupid bars will leave.
- Replace ugly 'Hollywood' light in master bath with basic silver one with 4 or 5 bulbs. Menard's has a couple on sale this week. Must wait for paycheck on Wednesday...
- Paint master bath sink area and bedroom. Also finally decided on color! Sherwin Williams again based on a recommendation from House of Turquoise . It's very similar to the silver sage color I was thinking about from Restoration Hardware, but with more aqua tone.
- Switch love seat to living room, and move reading chair to and some shelves and a side table to bedroom. Paint side table in bright color - maybe a red or orange - Ooo or a bright pink??
- Collect paint colors to paint various side tables and dressers through out the house. This may need to wait until Fall. The best place for me to work on these projects is the garage, but it's sooo hot now. Maybe in the mornings and evenings?? Hmmm
- Wall paper with a vinyl paper in the hallway. Something bold and graphic that will blend with green and gray
- Decide on how to finish details of the common living area - needs a new paint job.
There! That's it... At least now I feel like I won't forget...
Wish me luck.